Today, my little running streak that started out as a month-long New Years Resolution hit its largest milestone yet: 1,000 days!
I celebrated by baggin’ Silver Star Mountain with my guy and my gal. Couldn’t have been a more beautiful day.
Silver Star Mountain is on the Washington state side of the Columbia River Gorge. It may or may not be insanely difficult to find the trailhead depending on who you ask. It’s taken us 3 attempts to find this one. Third times a charm. Take THAT Silver Star Mtn!
A crazy scenic 5.6 miles with 1200ft of elevation gain.
The best part? The INSANE 360* views from the summit of the gorge, Mt Defiance, Dog Mtn, Larch Mtn.. and on this clear day, basically everything between Mt Jefferson to Mt Rainier. Just epic.
So to wrap it up, I’d like to offer 10 Fun facts I’ve learned while becoming a running streaker:
- There’s a community of fellow streakers in the US, called the United States Running Streak Association.
- Running smart – variety and keeping it light after hard or long runs – is fundamental.
- The effort required to throw on running shoes and get out the door is as easy as breathing. I just don’t think about it anymore.
- As long as it’s at least 1 mile, the run counts!
- Running after outpatient surgeries is stupid. But I’m a stubborn mule and if I can lift my feet off the ground, I will find a way to run.
- Running around hospital rooms, malls at 3am, and hotel floors is just as awkward as it sounds. Unless no one sees you.
- I’ve gone through 6+ pairs of Altras and 1 pair of Nikes. I alternate between pairs on a daily basis.
- Running at 11:45pm after falling asleep on the couch is not uncommon :)
- Weez and family/friends are so encouraging to help me keep the streak alive. I wouldn’t have been able to get this far if it weren’t for them.
- I freaking love running.
Cheers to 1,000!
Anyone else have a little running streak goin’ on? 7 days, 7 weeks, 7 months – I wanna know who else out there is streaking!