Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Life, as you all know, has its wonderful swings: steady routines and simple plans, can switch in the blink of an eye to fast-paced, sometimes chaotic, exciting changes.

We’ve had some great big ol’ changes in our lives the past two weeks and now that it’s official, I’m so excited to share it with you!

This Colorado family is movin' (farther!) out west!
This Colorado family is movin’ (farther) out west!

Weez, Cabo, and I are moving to Portland*!

After completing his Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry and an intense series of competitive interviews, Dr. Weez was offered a fantastic job; one we were more than excited to accept.

He starts his career as an Environmental Engineer at Intel in late-August!

Over the weekend, we signed a lease on a gorgeous new town home-style apartment. We’ll be within running distance from Rock Creek Trails, light rail distance from downtown Portland, and driving distance from Mt. Hood to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west.

I’ll help Weez move out to Oregon in mid-August, but will return to Colorado (and our current Boulder apartment) to complete my PhD. We’ll be paying two rents for a few months, but the good news is that I’ve been writing my dissertation and am on track to finish up in the fall!

These 5 years have been the longest I’ve ever lived anywhere in my life. This place is home. My friends have become family. I’m really attached to Boulder. But as sad as I am to leave, if we had to leave this place, this feels like the next best thing.

I hear Portland is filled with folks that love their pets, being outside, healthy, and active as much as we Coloradans :)

So the question I have for YOU is: know any Portland-area bloggers/runners? What Oregon road/trail races should I sign up for? I’d love to meet some new runner friends!

*More specifically: Hillsboro, Oregon (a suburb 10 miles west of Portland)

1. Jenny says:

How exciting! You should probably make a stop along the Hood To Coast course when I’m there in August :) Looking forward to the gorgeous pics I’m sure you’ll post in a few months!

2. Jessica says:

So so so exciting for you guys!!!!

3. Beth says:

That is such a fun change! You are so lucky to have lived in such great outdoors areas. I know Page from twentysixandthensome.com is moving to Portland very soon, too. Good luck and enjoy the move!

Thanks!! I’ll have to go ‘introduce’ myself! :)

4. Morgan says:

I was just about to say, Page is just getting ready to move there too. This is so exciting for you two!!! But this also means the only way we’re ever going to freaking meet is when you’re visiting Weez’s ‘rents in MI!!!! Can’t wait to see how it all goes down and how you enjoy your new city!

5. Holly KN says:

Gah! So excited for all of you! Portland is fabulous…I’ve only visited (never lived) there, but I still love it. Congrats to Weez on the new job – and to you, for being so close to finishing. Head down, plow through, and I’ll be ready to cheer at the end. =)

6. Heather says:

My sis lived in Hillsboro when she was in PA school! She lived there for 2-3 years, so although she isn’t there anymore, if you have any questions, let me know and I’ll put you in touch! PS Can we please hang out at least once before you leave?!

7. kaitwatts says:

So happy everything fell into place for you! How exciting!Congrats!

8. YAY!!! congrats to your husband on the job and to you both on the big changes ahead!!! :)

Congratulations!!!! That’s so exciting!!! I wish you guys all the best!!!