It’s no surprise that Weez and I love to travel. If we’re not on an adventure, we’re dreaming, planning (and constantly savin’ up for) the next big trip. Fancy cars and designer clothing? No way. We’d rather spend our money on plane tickets and visas.
We’ve had our eyes opened, our stomachs’ tossed, our teamwork strengthened, our hearts racing, and our breath taken away at some pretty cool international locations in the past couple of years…
- Spain (Sitges and Barcelona)
- Mexico (Cabo San Lucas)
- Cambodia (Phnom Penh and Siem Reap)
- Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
- Portugal (Faro)
- Ireland (Dublin)
And throughout all those fun adventures, I’ve come to realize a small list of absolute must-haves. So I wanted to share those with you guys!
2. GoLite 35L Ultralight Pack. This pack is perfect for <5 day backpacking trips in the mountains, but I also always use it for my traveling adventures, too. It’s light, durable, comfortable, and fits everything I need.
3. iPhone. As soon as I board, I switch my phone to “airplane” mode and only use it if I can pick up wifi wherever we are. We appreciate having the ability to contact our family if we get the chance.
4. Running shoes. There’s no better way to explore :) I love running in new places because if it’s hot or dirty, who cares if I get sweaty and gross in my running clothes?
5. Passport. There are few personal items more important to me in life. I felt so vulnerable in the weeks without my passport when I changed my name/got married. I’m thankful for our freedom to travel anywhere and whenever we want. That’s not something I take for granted. I’m crazy thankful to be an American citizen.
And that’s it!
When traveling abroad, what can’t you leave home without?