We’re okay

Hello friends and family,

A quick mobile update: Weez and I are still in Boston, and we’re okay and safe. All our runner and spectator friends have been accounted for and thankfully are also safe/unhurt. Today’s bombings were terrifying and a tragedy and I’m at a loss of words. My heart is broken.

Thank you to Mary Ellen for originally commenting on my previous post to let folks know that we were ok right away.

We travel home to CO tomorrow and I will try to wrap my mind around what to say. But until then, know we are safe and calm.

I fell in love with the running community when I started blogging, but I love the running community even more today.

The photo below was taken with my friend, Sarah, at the finish line 5 minutes before the bombs went off. Sore legs but a happy reunion of old friends. Fortunately we parted ways when we did.

20130415-222248.jpg

1. Ellen says:

You were the first person I thought about as NPR was telling me about the tragedy yesterday. I was so scared my whole drive home, but so thankful you tweeted that you were ok. I’m glad your friends are too.

2. Glad to hear you’re okay. Spooky for us, as I was in that area between the explosions rooting for my wife, not 15 minutes before they went off.

3. Jessica says:

I’m so glad to hear you’re okay. What a senseless act of terror!!! :(

4. I thought about you yesterday, and checked WordPress several times to see if you had updated. I’m so glad you’re okay. With your time goal I knew you should have been done and out of harms way before the awfulness started. I’m so sorry your Boston memories will be forever tainted.

So glad to hear you and Weez and all your buddies there are ok. I was glued to the news yesterday. How tragic. Thankfully you’re speedy and finished when you did! My heart is broken for Boston. What a senseless act of terror. Again, so happy you are safe. And despite everything, congratulations on your race.

6. andrea says:

Glad to hear you’re ok. I immediately thought of you when I heard the news. Stay safe and congratulations on your race.

7. So glad to hear you and your loved ones are safe, friend.

8. Lisa says:

Once I knew my husband was fine, I went through my mental checklist and thought of you as well. I’m so glad you and your peeps are fine and so sorry you (and all of us) are suddenly thrust into this period of mourning.

9. the dawn says:

So happy you are safe! What a scary time. Prayers for you and your family as you process the event.

10. stacy says:

What a great picture. There isn’t any way to make sense of it as much as we’d like to try. Congrats on such a great race.

11. I can’t even begin to describe the emotions that overcame me when I heard the news. I was so worried for you and your husband. I’m so glad you guys are home safe and sound. Love you, Efo.