One week!

In one week, I’ll be running through the infamous Wellesley Scream Tunnel, taking on the hills in Newton, and sprinting down Boylston Street. I can’t believe it’s only a week away.

My confidence is in a better place. My legs are reaping the benefits of the taper (40 miles last week).

I’m so excited.

I’m so ready.

Gotta get there first though! I was joking with a friend last night – with what happened two years ago on the Friday before the race – anything could stop me from getting there. Paranoia is in full effect! My body still has 7 days to do something weird! Ha, joking of course.

I just can’t wait to get to Boston and feel the magic.

After much silly debate, I’ve figured out my race-day outfit:
IMG_4172

Minus Cabo, of course :) She just wanted to pose in the photo.

I’ve run a lot of my long runs in this outfit and it’s proven chafe-free: my old xc racing buns/shorts, Nike tank, Native sunglasses, and of course my favorite Altra Intuitions.

I’ll bring a shlue of throw-away clothes for before the start. And depending on the temps, I might run in a long sleeve for the first few miles.

Weez read Nate Silver’s book The Signal and the Noise, so he’s got me convinced that weather predictions farther than 5 days out are unreliable. So I’m not taking Boston’s forecast for real yet. I won’t get curious till later in the week.

One week!

Do you debate with yourself a lot about what to wear on race-day?

1. Good luck! You are going to crush it, Efo!!! :-)

2. You look fast! :) Get it girl!

3. Jessica says:

So… will someone be there to catch your throw away clothes? Or you literally throw them away?! LOL

Will Weez record some of it?! Please? RECORD!!!

Yep! I’ll literally toss them to the side at the starting line (or if I’m running, to side of the course)! Marathon directors know runners do this, so they have volunteers sweep the first few miles of the course to collect to clothes, which are then donated!

4. LIsa says:

I’m memorizing your outfit on the off-chance I get to see you/”meet” you as you whirl by the mile 7 water stop!!

Eeeeek, so exciting!!!!

Yay!! Do you happen to know which side of the road you’ll be on (north or south) and/or what color shirt you’ll be wearing? I’ll try to keep an eye out for you too!

5. Colorado Gal says:

Um, hello, Ms. Running Model!

6. I love your race outfit – you look amazing! So excited for you! The hay is in the barn! :) :)

7. You look really fast, and very fit. Good luck in the big run. Take lots of different running outfits, not just the one you have on. You never know what Boston weather will be!

8. Sam says:

Well, there was the pink arm warmers, Philly, 2010.

9. Holly KN says:

Nope. Not a big debater. I basically just wake up, grab some reliables, and go for it. Although…for a marathon…I might at least open the drawer the day BEFORE to pick something out. ;-)