I love my Altras, and last big week of training!

Congrats to all those who raced the LA Marathon yesterday, and all the other races this past weekend! I feel like this weekend’s races have officially started the 2013 marathon season, and it makes me so excited.

——–

I ran my 2nd to last “long” long run this weekend: 16 miles (2:08//8:00 pace), polishing off last week’s mileage at 60 miles on the dot.

The weather went from gorgeous and still, to ominous and windy over the course of those 2 hrs. It turned into a bit of a progression run to get home before getting blown away! I came home to this sweet little pup, who turns TWO this year by the way (it feels like just yesterday that we adopted her). Time flies.

IMG_3002

See my new shoes? I finally bought a new pair to break in before Boston. Mmm the first run in new shoes always feels so great.

Altra Intuition 1.5
Altra Intuition 1.5

I’ve been running in my trusty Altras for over a year now. I used to have a shlew of knee problems, then switched to the Altra Intuitions (zero-drop/minimalist- style) and haven’t looked back. I love these shoes.

Racing in my Altra Intuitions (Sept 2012)
Racing in my Altra Intuition 1.0’s (Sept 2012)

———-

Okay, guys, this is my last BIG week of training and mileage before the marathon! This week will be my max/peak mileage for the entire training cycle, including my last 20-miler.

I know a lot of other runners are in their peak week of training right now too, so good luck! Eat well, sleep well, and drink lots of water! We’re gettin’ close!

1. Sam says:

Looking forward to the start of my Boston training cycle torrow … let’s bet on who’s faster! :)

Haha, I have to work my butt off to hope for a sub 3:30, you’ve got the endurance in your legs to show up and bust out a 3:10, Mr. Speed! How was the road trip? I hope your first day at the new job in PA is treating you well!

2. healthy & strong thoughts for you as you hit your last big week of training! i agree with you, the feeling of new shoes is SUCH a great one. i can’t believe sweet cabo is TWO already!!! where is the time going?!?!

Thanks, boo! I see you had a killer weekend of training, so keep up the great work! Maybe we’ll be able to meet up for another run in a couple weekends!

Woohoo!!! you’re in the home stretch my friend!

4. Morgan says:

Have a great run this weekend up north! I hope they have that trail cleaned up from this storm we’re getting before you hit it, because this weekend was hell.

Also, your pace for 16 miles? Yeah, I def couldn’t have hung with you for a long run! Speedy Gonzalez!!!

5. Colorado Gal says:

Love that photo of you running— KILLING it!

6. Heidi Nicole says:

It was crazy windy! But we still went outside…and choose to bike/run around a tree-free mesa. Needless to say we didn’t get to close to the edge – we would have probably been blown over!

I’m really excited for your Boston training and the big day! :) Good luck and I hope you’re runs stay awesome!

7. Lisa says:

How exciting!!! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for Boston weather to be somwhere between today’s weather (cold, snowy, now rainy, windy) and last year’s Boston weather (90 degrees, ick). And can’t wait to take my water stop role very seriously at mile 7.1. We’ll be the crazy Keurig coffee people – but don’t worry, we will NOT be handing out hot coffee :) Enjoy this last bit of training!