Jambo! We’re back!

Jambo my friends!

Kenya was an absolutely dream. I still can’t believe we were there, I’m at a loss of words. We landed back stateside on Sunday, and maybe over the next few days I’ll be able to put together a coherent blog post about our trip. It was truly incredible.

And it turns out, being away from work for two weeks puts you way behind. Needless to say, I’m scrambling to catch up to speed at work, with deadlines and projects, but trust me, I’ll get a solid recap up by the weekend! So check back!

We traveled with my DSLR camera, as well as a video camera. I took lots of video footage… and I’m squeezing them down into a fun, 5-ish minute montage. I wanted to document this trip as best as possible, so I’m really glad I took all that video :) I should have the video done before next week sometime.

If you’d like me to also post still photos in a post, let me know! I was thinking (if you guys wanted me to?) of creating 3, shorter, picture-filled blog posts to cover the 3 totally different segments of our trip:
– the bustling, capital city of Nairobi
– relaxing on the white sand beaches and exploring the Old Town of Mombasa
– and the crazy awesome amazing safari experience

For now, I’ll leave you with a few teasers! Can’t wait to tell you all about it!
IMG_1854 IMG_2261 IMG_2121 IMG_2171

1. OwlMcCloud says:

Amazing shots and love the blog!

2. OMG! YES to all of the things!!! photos, video, words – I have been patiently stalking, waiting to see some of your beautiful images. Welcome home!

3. Holly KN says:

Eleventy!

Pictures, videos, coupons so we can follow in your footsteps….all things more than welcome. I was so psyched yesterday when I realized that your two weeks were up (not psyched for you, as it meant your trip was ending – but psyched for me, as it meant that I’d get to live vicariously through your adventures by photo – and, apparently, video!!).

Bring it on! [When your life gets back to normal!]

4. kaitwatts says:

What a teaser those pics were! I can’t wait to hear and see all abou it.

5. Loving the teaser photos! Would LOVE to see as many photos as you could possibly post! Can’t wait to hear all about it! So happy you guys got to go on such a cool adventure!

6. Heidi Nicole says:

Ahhh…welcome home.
    So excited to see all the photos and video!

7. Jessica says:

These photos are GORGEOUS!! I hope you put up more, I love still photos — video too! :D
    So glad you had an amazing time.

8. More pics! more pics! those are AWESOME! I’m so jealous!

9. Mallory says:

Yes, more pictures! I can’t wait to read about your trip. It already looks so amazing!

10. Melon says: