The one where Weez cuts my hair

I dunno about you, but as a chick with long hair, I rarely get my hair cut/trimmed. Like, once a year. Twice if I’m feeling fancy. I mean, I know I know they say hair grows faster if you trim regularly. They say it’ll look and feel healthier. Easier to manage or style or whatever the kids do these days. But I’ve pretty much got one hair style, and it’s called a pony tail. So I don’t bother trimming.

However, seeing as my last hair cut was right before our wedding(which was on Sept 23 2011), I was in desperate need. Hence, the dilemma.

Dilemma number 2 is that I’m a grad student. And yes, I’ll jump right in with the stereotype that we’re poor/blah/blah/blah. But truth be told, it’s not that I can’t spend the $18 at cost cutters for the cut, it’s that it’s not worth it. I’d say there’s a 50/50 chance the hair “cut” just entails the gal/guy cutting a straight line across (I can’t really blame them, that’s usually all I ask them to do anyways, along with “long layers” whatever that means).

So last night, I asked Weez to give the ol’ strands a trim for me. Then documented the process.

How often do you get your hair cut?
Have you ever cut your own hair?

1. misszippy1 says:

Oh my gosh–you are way braver than I am! I don’t think he has a future in a salon, no offense!

What’s the background music? Girl from Ipanema? It was making me laugh!

Haha, I know, his technique is just awful! Well, so was mine, but that’s the great thing about long hair and having a “who cares” attitude. Truth be told, it was kinda liberating to just grab a pair of scissors and go for it. Granted, when I’m working a real world job, I’d prefer to trust a professional :) PS. yep the background song is the girl from ipanema! good catch!

2. Holly says:

“This is a reasonable thing for normal people to do.”

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!

You guys are awesome. :)

You have a new blog?! Hooray! I’ve added it to my reader :) Ride safe on those crazy LA roads!

1. Holly says:

This is just a short term project, due to be done in another month or so. But other exciting things are in the works, too. Just to keep everyone guessing… ;-)

*dying laughing*

Bravo to both of you, though. Lee got super serious when he helped dye my hair once. And Caaaaaabo!

4. kaitwatts says:

You are one brave soul. I would have have paid the 20 bucks at cost cutters before asking Josh to take scissors to my head. Actually that is what I do ever 6 months.

5. LOL. omg, i love this! too funny!

6. Lisa says:

Guys like yours and mine are so lucky (I use the buzzer on my guy – free!). I have major curls so can get away with some extracurricular trimming. Then I usually beg the stylist to “save me”….it’s a vicious cycle :)

7. sarah says:

OMG i havent been in over a year either. long hair FTW! i need to go for a trim but also refuse to pay the 20 bucks super cuts charges for a trim…. maybe i need to get ruddley to trim it :)

8. Heidi Nicole says:

Love this!
    I cut Chris’s hair, and I’ve cut my own hair, but I don’t know if I’d let Chris cut my hair…I’ve kinda sorta screwed his up enough that he might get a little vengeful with mine!

I rarely go get my hair cut – its expensive! My bangs are at the point where I have to decide if I want to cut them again {free trim at Paul Mitchell school!} or let them grow out. I’m just too lazy to schedule an appointment!

I usually don’t cut my hair but every 6 months!! Haha, I wish kevin was brave enough to give me a trim ;)

10. OMG! hahahhaha you are too funny! And BRAVE! I definitely go to the same hairdresser (new salon) that I have been going to for over a decade now and it’s always every 2 months. I’m crazy like that!

11. lgsmash says: