1:45hrs, PSLs, and lab randomness

Over the weekend, we got in our last long run for the Equinox Half Marathon training cycle. We’ve been training by time, so we ran 1:45hrs. I felt really great the whole time; strong legs, high spirits. It really gave me that boost in long distance running confidence that I was lacking previously. I’m feeling ready for this 13.1 in three weeks!

After the long run, I rewarded myself with the best thing ever:

I’m so excited that Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL)s are back at Starbucks. This makes me so crazy happy. Fall is hands down my favorite season ever, and PSLs are one of the reasons for that.

Because I’m in a random mood today, I’m just going to post two random photos from my iPhone that I took this weekend.

We were doing some lab maintenance work the other day, and there’s pretty much nothing sexier than chemists in action. Case in point:

Everyday when I walk into lab, I walk through this door. Weez’s resemblance to the face on this sign is uncanny. And he’s a hardcore Detroit Tigers fan. Thus, the modification our labmate made makes me grin every time:

How was your Labor Day weekend?
Tell me two random things you’ve seen lately!

1. kaitwatts says:

Ugh, I’m the opposite and totally not ready for this half marathon. I slogged through 10 miles yesterday. I’m hoping to get in one more long run over the weekend. I’ve got apples in the crockpot today for apple sauce-love fall!

Don’t worry, you’ll totally be fine. If you can finish a 10 miler, that’s all you really need in preparation for a half! Seriously, that’s how most 13.1 training plans go. You’ll do great! I can’t wait to see you there! (PS. apples in the crockpot sound aaaaamazing. What type of apples do you use?)

1. kaitwatts says:

My sister’s neighbor’s apples. You can use any combination of apples. Add cinnamon, brown sugar, and nutmeg. Low for 6 hrs. You can’t screw up.

2. It’s so funny to see all of those lab photos– it’s just so different than my grad school experience, you know? I have a good friend working on his doc in gene therapy and his lab kills me. Gotta love stuff that is foreign to you :)

3. I.am.so.excited the PSL is back!!!

mmmm yes. they are SO good. and good luck with your MCM training! sounds like you’re rockin’ it.

4. Emma says:

Well for one I randomly stumbled onto your blog (I am graduating undergrad this year with a chem degree AND I am a runner-how random right?)
    Also, while on my morning run, I counted TWO three-legged dogs. That must be some kind of record (albeit a sad record)!

Hey Emma! Thanks for introducing yourself and stopping by! Congrats on the chem degree (booya! that’s what I got my undergrad in as well…) and hooray for being a runner, too! Whatcha training for these days, anything in particular?