Monstrosity of a migraine and running in a sports bra

Hot damn, I finally feel human again.

For 38 hours of the past 48 hours, I was in the fetal position battling a monster of a migraine. Usually when I get migraines, they’re super intense (auras, vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound, pain out the wazoo) but only last 3-4 hours. I take my prescription and get on with my life and can make it to work in the afternoon.

For some reason, this badboy knocked me out for 38 hours. Antisocial, couldn’t manage to stay at work, nauseous, vomiting, no appetite, blahblahblah. The prescription just didn’t seem to work this time around.

But fortunately I woke up feeling human again today and man, the world just seems like a brighter place! This is what real life feels like?! Hallelujah!

I celebrated by hitting the track for mile repeats. 6:33-6:53 pace. Badabing, badaboom.

Embarrassing story: two miles in, I was so hot I decided to ditch my baggy shirt (cotton was a bad choice), and run the rest of the workout in my sports bra. Of course, 1 lap later, an entire high school P.E. class came out to the track. I know it’s totally normal for women to run in sports bras in the hot summer months, but I was still self conscious. Good thing we only had 3 more laps to go.

Do you get migraines? What tricks work best for getting rid of them for you?
Ladies: are you a summer-sports-bra runner?
Tell me one embarrassing story that’s happened to you in the past week!

PS. Thanks to all those who asked Q’s for my Q&A post! You’ve asked some really good ones. If you have a question you’d still like to ask, please do, I’ll answer them all in a post on Monday!

Eep!! I saw your tweet about the sports bra! Hahaha

2. Haha, I actually decided to take my shirt off in the middle of my last run bc I was so hot. And as I was climbing up Capitol Hill, a bunch of men in business suits came out, filing past me. Again, sports bras are totally fine, but still slightly embarrassed. :)

Haha! Thank you for sharing that story! I’m glad I’m not the only one embarrassed by those things :)

3. misszippy1 says:

Oh I feel for you on the migraines! I’ve never had one, but my mom always got them and was knocked out for a day or two. Glad you are over it.

I think when you’ve got the bod for a sports bra (and you do!) there’s nothing wrong w/ whipping off the shirt when needed!

4. Lisa says:

I feel for you with the migraines. Never had one, but can’t imagine :( Glad you’ve rejoined the living!

Does Cabo sense when the migraine comes on?

5. Holly says:

Thankfully, I’ve been migraine-free so far in life. Glad you’re feeling better!

I totally sport the sports bra in the summer, pretty much shamelessly. I spend almost no time in a swim suit, so I consider it tummy tanning time (just don’t tell my dermatologist…). I figure anyone sees more skin than that at the beach, so they can deal…

Past week? How about past thirty minutes…. Pulling off at a totally unfamiliar exit outside Seattle, WA – in the dark, in the rain, after a very long day. I totally jumped a barrier in the road trying to pull into the hotel. Mercifully, the clerks at the hotel did not have a straight-line view of the street outside, or the parking lot (where I promptly degenerated into tired, over-adrenalined tears the moment we were safely parked).

6. Heidi Nicole says:

I think just a sports bra is fine!

Yesterday I slacked off until 10am to head out on my 12 mile run – it was just a tiny bit hot and I lost my tank top in the first 3 miles so it was just sports bra and shorts. I felt a little bit weird when other chicks ran by with their shirts ON, but I told myself they were just running a few short miles and I had to make it 12 without dying…