15 mile trail run and a Rockies game!

Sunday was about as jam packed as it could be. I won’t bore you with the routine stuff, but we did two pretty awesome things that day: 15 mile trail run and went to Denver to watch a Rockies game!

We took Cabo with us for the first hour of our 2:15hr run. She did great :) A natural trail runner, for sure.
Sorry for the blurry photo. Apparently my running and taking photos at the same time skill is getting worse. We ran up, up, up for 3.5 miles, then flew home running downhill. Dropped Cabo off at home (with a full water dish and Kong filled with treats), then head back out the door.

I loved the trail we were running on so much, that after we dropped Cabo off, we went right back up that mountain and climbed some more. Needless to say by the end of our 15 miler, my legs were shot. And they are complete jello today. I love being sore.

Right after the run (and a shower and a quick bite to eat), we met up with my brother and his gf to head down to Denver for the Rockies game! It was such a blast.

The highlight of the game was definitely the grand slam to tie the game at the bottom of the 8th. Or this lovely beverage I got to enjoy…
Sunday couldn’t have been much better :)

What were 2 fun things you did this weekend?

I’m always asking you guys the questions, but do you have any (silly, serious, dorky, random) questions for ME? In the 2+ years I’ve been blogging, I’ve never done a Q&A post before, but I’d be more than happy to write one if you guys have anything you’d like to ask! If you’d like me to keep your Q anonymous, just send me an email at ewiesenauer (at) gmail (dot) com! :)

1. Holly says:

Two fun things this weekend:
    1. Friday night: Birthday Ethiopian food + Dairy Queen (my nostalgic childhood treat of choice!) with my husband & sis.
    2. Sunday: Hiked Rim-to-River in the Grand Canyon with my husband!

(Not) random questions:
    1. How on EARTH do you keep your science from infringing on your nights & weekends, thereby giving you time for so many adventures? No matter what I do, my work creeps into my “un-work” time!

2. How do you & Weez manage being in the same/similar field, and not letting chemistry talk overtake all of your conversations?? [Or maybe it does…does it?]

I just saw your pictures, omg, girl, AMAZING. I’m so jealous of your free style life these past few months! I hope we can meet up when/if you come through Colorado! (and thanks for the Q’s! they’re awesome and I’ll def answer them on my Q&A post!)

2. alexelisabeth says:

i’m so jealous of how summery it looks in your pics! the northeast has been gray and windy lately. good thing i’m moving to denver in 10 days (oh god. i guess i should start packing). those 300 days of sunshine a year are sounding pretty good!

and my only question is what is that delicious looking pink beverage? or is it purple for the rockies?

Moving to Denver?! Excellent! We should meet up for coffee or a run sometime once you settle in! Let me know!

1. alexelisabeth says:

that would be great, i’m hoping to make lots of new friends! and i just signed up for the denver marathon, so i’ll need a running buddy–even one who’s super fast, i need the motivation to speed up :)

3. I’m stuck on the purple drink… what is that?!!!

Haha, it’s a purple margarita. ya know, to represent the Rockies team color. It tasted like a normal marg, not grape-y or anything. it was quite delish :)

4. Nicole says:

I love the hubs tigers hat! :)

5. priya610 says:

Question for you:
    1. If I gave you a million dollars tomorrow, what would you do with it?
    2. If you could take out one person (living or dead) out to lunch who would it be and what would you ask them?
    3. Post your favorite picture that you as a photographer have taken and tell us why you chose that picture :)

Ready….set….answer!

6. Heidi Nicole says:

My weekend consisted of….a 20 mile run with RMRR and the longest bike ride of the season. Needless to say my legs and bike bum are both a tad sore!

Question for you…what trail is it that you love so much? If I can ask that without getting to stalkerish!

7. misszippy1 says:

You always have the best trail runs! I want to move to Boulder too!

Two things–ran w/ Joan Benoit (obviously cool!) and did a 5k w/ my daughter (love doing this!)

8. mallory says:

Looks like a great weekend!! I love going to baseball games. It’s so expensive to go out here though :(

My weekend was boring but was nice!! I love that you guys take Cabo with you, I’m sure she enjoys it :D

Umm… I’ll have to try and think of some questions for you!! How bout what was your favorite race and why??

10. 1) Why do you always wear your running watch?
    2) Are you glad we didn’t let you wear flip flops at your wedding?
    3) What is the most embarrassing thing you wore to class in high school?
    4) Who would you punch in the face if you could?
    5) How long did it take you to perfect the Erin Face?

Bahahaha I absolutely love these questions… just wait for my answer post :) haha