Seeing Wicked!

Last night was the coolest. Weez, our good friend Phuc Tien, and I went to see Wicked the musical, in downtown Denver. I was blown away. Such an amazing show.
I had never seen this musical before, so it was such a treat. And, we had awesome orchestra-center level seats all thanks to Phuc Tien.

I dunno about you, but my favorite parts of musicals are the sets. I love how quickly they can change, how real they can seem, how intricate they are. Sometimes, I catch myself watching the sets changing, more than the performers dancing/singing. The sets were the exact same as this clip below, so I wanted to show you what we got to watch last night. And Defying Gravity? Mmm, awesome song. I’m still humming it right now.

Sigh :) I love musicals.

Tomorrow, I’m back on the workout train (after deciding to sleep in this morning because we got home laaaaate last night)(midnight)(which is 2 hours past my bedtime). I’ve got a 9 mile tempo on deck, and yes, I love the pain that comes from hard workouts, but for some reason, I’m always intimidated by tempos. They hurt the most. They’re the hardest (in my opinion). And it’s a huge time commitment. Haha, could I be making any more excuses?! Sheeesh, Erin, get it together.

What’s your fave musical?
Where were the best seats you’ve ever had at a sporting event/musical/live performance?

1. Sam says:

Annie.

Third row George Strait.

9-mile tempo? Huh?

Ohh, Annie is good. I had to google George Strait. Yup, wanna join us?

1. Sam says:

How do you do a 9-mile tempo? I have to stick to my trails while I recover. And as for having to google George Strait, you should be shot.

2. Jessica says:

i’ve never seen Wicked but I lovveee the soundtrack!

3. Mags says:

Fav musical: Phantom of the Opera (Wicked comes close though).

Best seats: Angels baseball game, 4th row on the 3rd baseline between 3rd and Home. Amazing.

4. Beth says:

Wicked is SO good. I used to go to musicals all the time and get completely caught up in the entire show/experience. Love!

5. misszippy1 says:

Dying to see Wicked! So glad you got to go. I have to go with Phantom as my all-time favorite, although Rent was up there too b/c I loved the music!

6. sarah says:

LOVE WICKED!! saw it in new york…you HAVE HAVE HAVE to see lion king if you ever get a chance! best seats? 4th row at fenway 1st base line.