Confidence on My Bike and Good Friday

18 mile (avg’d 15.5 mph) ride this morning, and my legs felt human again.
That’s the wonderful thing about cycling, no matter how trashy your legs might feel from a hard run, spinning them around helps loosen them up.

I used to be so terrified of road biking when I first got my bike, but it feels so natural now. I’m not double guessing myself, or panicking when a car passes, or even if I have to turn left across traffic. I’m comfortable on my saddle and know how to ride safely, confidently. Which puts a big smile on my face :)

So if you’re a beginner rider, don’t worry, cycling gets easier (in the sense that it’s not so scary anymore). You’ll get more and more comfortable on your bike, I promise. You just gotta get out there! If I can do it, you can do it.

It’s Good Friday today, and I’m stoked that Easter is in two short days. Lent will finally be over! I can’t wait to eat sweets again.

I’m also really looking forward to the hardcore Easter Egg Hunt Challenge Weez and I have planned. When I was younger, I remember we always used to have an Easter Egg hunt. Now that I’m married and older, I don’t see why we can’t do that anymore… just up the ante and make it a timed race ;)

Do you have any Easter traditions?
How was your workout this morning?

1. Rand says:

Nice bike. You are a good rider, I rode 150 miles with you across Ohio when I did the cross country challenge. Also, your Easter egg hunting abilities are legend!!! D

2. Brandon says:

Obviously you live a healthy, very active lifestyle and you are already very fit. I’m just curious if your lifestyle coupled with no treats for lent has resulted in any weight/body fat percentage loss.

Thanks, Brandon, and that’s a good question. I have lost a little weight with the no-treats-for-lent thing. I’ve lost 5lbs, but I never had any intention to try to lose weight from the sweet-sacrifice.

3. Jessica says:

Looking good with that bike lady!! ;)
    Glad you got to eat some sweets today. Lol

4. misszippy1 says:

Totally agree with you that the bike is a great remedy for tired legs. I always use it that way. Glad you are getting more comfortable out there, too. It’s such a fun sport and I’m sure your riding routes are spectacular there!

5. Beth says:

Hooray for getting back on the bike!

6. Leena says:

I’m most impressed by your ability to cycle and take pictures at the same time – something I can only aspire to at the moment :-o

I’ll admit it’s not very easy but I only bust it out if I’m riding on the flats and going slow. It’s not worth the risk otherwise!