Homebody and looking forward to an active weekend

5 easy miles in the bag this morning, and it felt great. I was finally able to wear only one long sleeve shirt, opposed to the 3 I’ve been wearing every other morning this week. Brrr it’s been cold lately. I’m such a sally.

In two weeks from today, though, I’ll be in warm Austin TX visiting my mom, dad, sister, BIL, and nephew James. I can’t wait to see them and run in warmer weather. I’m such a homebody, and it’s really hard for me to go more than a month or two without seeing my parents. I love my independent lifestyle out here in Colorado with my husband, dog, friends, and job. But there’s nothing that compares to how great it feels to just be around my dad and mom.

I wished they lived here in Colorado. But there’s no sense in begging them to move here, if Weez and I end up getting jobs in Portland when we graduate in 12 months. Sigh. But then, I’ll beg them to move to wherever we are :)

Anyhoo, I’ve got a 10miler on tap for Sunday along with our second IM indoor soccer game. Did I tell you I scored my first ever goal last week at our game?!? Four years of playing IM indoor soccer, and I finally scored my first goal. I was really excited about that (still am). Our team won, too. 6-1. Here’s to looking forward to another active weekend!

Have you ever played on a soccer team?
Are you a homebody?Do you prefer running in cold or warm weather?

1. I’m a homebody in my own town, but LOVE to travel….if that makes sense :)

oh yeah, that definitely makes sense! i feel the same way!

I prefer running in cooler weather but in Virginia, that’s like 40 degrees, hahaha! No way I’d run in Texas! I’d die of heat stroke!

3. Siobhan says:

Hooray for your first goal!

I’ve never played on a real soccer team (does elementary school count?) but I love playing and watching it!

4. No, no moving to Portland.

If we can find jobs and stay in CO, you better believe we will! I wouldn’t want to give up living here for anything…

Congrats on your first goal!!! I played soccer for 13 years, mostly midfield. I loved it!! And it sure sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned! I’m like you in that I LOVE hanging with my parents. Enjoy your time with them and have a fabulous 10-miler! PS-I feel like a baby for complaining about my 37 degree run the other morning. That’s nothing compared to the cold you rockstar your way through!

37 is still really cold, especially if you’re not used to it! No shame there! Have a great weekend, too, girl!

6. Lisa says:

Soccer was my first love (swoon). Definite homebody and definitely prefer running in the warm weather :)

Enjoy your weekend!

7. cisforcourtney says:

OH! Have so much fun in Austin! Such a great city! You HAVE to run at Town Lake! It’s a big ol’ fun loop!

I’d rather run in 90 degrees than 20 degrees. :) :)