Danica and Maggie tagged me in this thing called “The Random 11”, so I figured, why not, I’ll play along! I haven’t done one of these things in a while, and it’s a great way for my friends (aka YOU) to get to know me a little better!
– Post these rules
– You must post 11 random things about yourself
– Answer the questions set for you in their post
– Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
– Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
– No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random Things About Me:
1.) I have a love affair/borderline obsession with tea. No morning is complete without my travel-mug, and it’s definitely not bed time until I’ve had some honey vanilla chamomile. There’s just something so soothing and cleansing about it. This is my current stock:
2.) I have an irrational fear of buttons. Seriously, they gross me out and I have to wash my hands after buttoning shirts or collars.
3.) I once tee-peed a house with friends, then ran away from the subdivision security (sorry mom and dad!). We didn’t get caught.
4.) I fell asleep at a rock concert. Literally. It was the Foo Fighters, and despite their show being totally AWESOME and loud, I was completely wiped because it was the night after the 2011 Denver marathon.
5.) Every time I eat “fun sized” snickers, they taste like Halloween to me. And I’m instantly transported back to fall days, proudly showing off my Power Rangers costume, or my Queen of Hearts costume, or brushing the plastic witch’s wig hair out of my face.
6.) I work with chloroform on a daily basis. I’m a chemistry grad student… it’s a common solvent. I wear gloves, goggles, and work in a ventilated hood.
7.) I have had 5 cavities filled. All in high school. Haven’t had a single once since. Win!
8.) I over analyze almost every conversation I ever have. Did I make that awkward? Did I let them know how much I care about them? Do they think I’m trying too hard? I was teased a lot as a kid, and some habits die hard.
9.) I have a scar above my left eye from the time I ran into the corner of a bed in the middle of the night when I was 5 years old. 7 stitches, baby.
10.) I once had my lunch stolen by a monkey. Fortunately for me, my mom went running after the furry creature and saved the day (and my lunch).
11.) When I was 11 years old, I got my hair permed by a man who looked like a woman in New York City, on Earth Day. This was also the trip where my dad and I boarded the wrong flight home, and almost flew to Orlando instead of Chicago.
Answering 22 questions (11 from Danica, 11 from Maggie) seems unnecessary, so I picked 6 from each:
- Morning person or night owl? Morning person all the way.
- How many glasses of water do you drink a day? At least 32-64 oz. But I used to be really bad and couldn’t even get through half a Nalgene/day. Then I got kidney stones. And wised up.
- What is your biggest fear? Honestly? Life after death.
- Starbucks or Coffee Bean? Starbucks but only in the fall because that’s the only time it’s worth spending $5 for a stinkin’ coffee (mmm pumpkin spiced latte, you are my weakness).
- MLB or NBA? Screw that, go Red Wings! I’m a hockey gal.
- What’s one thing on your ‘bucket list?’ Travel to Africa to visit the pyramids.
- What’s your favorite TV show? Scrubs
- What do you do for a living? I’m a grad student at the Univ of CO, getting my PhD in organic materials chemistry.
- Do you crave sweet or salty foods? Salty all the way.
- How big is your bed? It’s a full. I’m a spooner, so I don’t need much room at all, haha. Weez on the other hand, probably wishes we had a bigger bed.
- What was the last thing you ate? a peanut butter, banana, chocolate milk smoothie with granola.
- Who was your last phone call or text from? My mom
For the friends I’ve tagged, here are my questions:
1. When was the last time you ate a whole pint of icecream?
2. Who was the last person you sought advice from?
3. Marathon in 30*F weather, or 5K in 110*F?
4. Which would you rather have to give up: carbs or candy?
5. What is one thing you learned today?
6. Do you bite your nails?
7. Do you were glasses/contacts?
8. How many shoes do you own?
9. What was the last book you read?
10. Team Jake or Team Edward?
11. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
I know these things are kinda silly and definitely take up a good chunk of time, so don’t feel like you had to play along. But if you do, have fun! I want to know more about you and your random 11!