My first snowboarding experience… success!

After a full day of skiing on Saturday, PK and I wanted to hit up the slopes again before she leaves on Thursday (don’t leave me!). So I played hooky from work yesterday, and we drove up to Eldora. I’ve wanted to try snowboarding for a while now, and thanks to my friend/old roomie (LJ) who let me borrow her board and boots, I was able to try!

Conquering the bunny hill was my first order of business. I tell ya, after skiing my whole life, it was not easy to learn how to turn and slow down with my feet buckled on the same horizontal platform. As you can tell, I clearly was facing the correct direction most of the time (not).

I spent the first half of the day on the bunny hill, learning how to turn (toe edge, heel edge), which was immediately followed by learning how to get up after falling.
I loved that PK was there with me, cheering me on and laughing with me as I ate snow. After lunch, PK convinced me to move up from the bunny hill to the greens… which only meant one thing: riding a chairlift.

Guess what?! I didn’t wipe out getting off the lift! Not even once, the rest of the entire day. I’m such a pro. I know.
It was a little intimidating at first and I’m sore as hell today, but I loved stepping outside of my comfort zone to try something new. Even though skiing is my one true winter love, I had such a fun day and I can’t wait to go snowboarding again!

Have you ever gone snowboarding?
Do you like skiing or snowboarding better?
What was the last thing you tried to step outside of your comfort zone?

Oh girl, you’re braver than I am! I tried it once and fell so much I gave up. Hahaha

2. daphycee31 says:

I can barely ski, so I’m not quite ready to tackle snowboarding yet. But, someday I’d like to try it. I’d also like to be better at skiing :)

3. Lauren says:

I will be snowboarding again this weekend- and hopefully not spending as much time on my ass but we’ll see! You look like a pro in those picures!

4. Morgan says:

I am not so graceful with the boarding. I’ve gone a few times now and I spend most of the time either eating snow or going down with “my brakes” on. :)

5. Mallory says:

Way to go!! I am going snowboarding for the first time this weekend! I am so excited but very nervous!

6. misszippy1 says:

After meeting you, I can totally see you as a snowboarder! I’m glad it went well. I am way too chicken to attempt it!

7. Nicole says:

looks like SO much fun. I would end up with several broken bones! hats off to you!

8. Liz says:

I’ve never been snowboarding, just skiing. I first need to get back into skiing now that I’m in CO before I start with a new sport! You make it look easy :)