Our first new years as Mr and Mrs

Was spent at exit 100 off of I-80 in Iowa.

We spent the day of the 31st saying goodbye to Weez’s family in Michigan (miss you guys already!), then visiting a few of my aunts and uncles in Illinois (love!). It was so great seeing them all. I love our family. They’re pretty much the best :) But by 6PM the night of the 31st, we were on I-80, driving west back to Colorado.

But at 11:50PM, we pulled over at the closest exit…
played the recap of the ball drop in Times Square on my phone…
and counted down to midnight together. Just us, with our puppy in the backseat. She specializes in sneak attack kisses. Especially right as the self-timer goes off.
And now? We’re back home sweet home in Boulder with a busy year ahead of us. Weez will be graduating this year (Dr. Weez!) and I hope to be done less than a year behind him (Dr. Efo!). We got a lot of work ahead of us, but with any luck, the two of us might graduate in 2012 together. And by luck, I mean 60 hour weeks and no social life. We shall see. I still want to try.

How was your NYE? What’s big on your plate for 2012?

Sounds like you spent midnight on NYE with all the right people (and pups) ;)

2. Fell asleep on the couch at 11, woke up 11:40, had some ice cream, watched Seacrest and gang on ABC. My first goal for 2012? Same as your first goal for 2012 … get to Denver! :)

3. Morgan says:

Love it! Sometimes you gotta improvise. :) Spike and I were heading home from a NYE race and were too far out to make it home so we pulled over to a favorite place we run in town and shared a quick kiss. Happy New Years!!!!!

4. misszippy1 says:

The where of NYE doesn’t matter but the who does! Sounds nice. I was sound asleep by midnight!

Big goals and plans for you guys–so great!

Happy New Year!! At least you guys were together :) And goodluck with school this year soon-to-be Dr.s!!!

6. Mallory says:

Sounds like you had a great trip! My NYE was great! I’ve got a lot of goals planned for 2012 including my first marathon and a 150 mile bike ride!

7. Nicole says:

yay!!! sounds like a perfect NYE to me!!!!! :) :) I love being married too!!

8. Beth says:

Aw, Cabo is so sweet! Happy new year!

9. too cute! you guys are SUCH troopers with all these road trips!