This just happened.

This is particularly special to me. Because this year? Is the first time buying/trimming my very own Christmas tree. And with my husband, at that! Our first Christmas spent together. Our first tree. I’m pretty jazzed about it. Sure, maybe the warm fuzzy feeling of decorating a tree with your husband might fade over the years and anniversaries… but this year, is special, and I’m gettin’ all cheesy about it.

Real Christmas trees are the only way to go. Nothing compares to the smell that fills your home.

We listened to Christmas music as we strung the lights around the tree. We busted out the 13 ornaments we have to hang on the tree and laughed because we have so few and each ornament’s memory is so young. But in 20 years from now, we’ll look at the palm tree ornament and smile, because we’ll remember exactly where we got it, and how perfect our honeymoon was.
Didn’t take long, but we put up the rest of our decorations: lights around the front window, a “mistletoe” scented candle, and a few other little things around the apartment.
Our first Christmas Season as husband and wife :)

<3 So cute and adorable! :3

2. cisforcourtney says:

EEEE!!!! That is so exciting! ps: LOVE your ornaments!

3. rand says:

Erin, the “warm fuzzy if decorating the tree” has never faded for your mom and me! After 40 years of marriage we still do live trees every year, bake and decorate cookies, make hot cocoa, and listen to Christmas music as the magic of the tree becomes real. And what about the cookie decorating contest? (Ok, so the trees might be a bit smaller, down to 10 feet tall last year, but I’m going for 12-14 feet this year.

4. misszippy1 says:

You guys are too darn cute! Made me smile.

5. sarah says:

awwww. i love you!! we love the “remember when we got this….” thing! :) merry christmas e!!

6. the dawn says:

Oooooo! Love! So cute. Mr. Dawn and I have been married 4 years and we’ve never had a tree :) I guess we should get on that…