Coming Clean

I haven’t been entirely up front with all of you. I have something to confess.

No! I am not preggo! Jeebus, people.

But before I even admit what I’m about to admit, I think some of you already might have a suspicion as to what’s going on. I mean, I just told you that I ran a 20 miler on Sunday.

Why would someone run a 20 miler? Because they like the pain? Because they really “just like running”? Because they like stuffing their faces with pizza and icecream afterwards? Okay, yes, those are all very true. But the real reason, is because, I’m registered for another marathon.

And it’s in 18 days.

And it’s in the perfect location: Sacramento, California. My best friend, Niki, lives in San Francisco, so she’s driving out to stay with me and cheer me on. We ran XC and track together for 4 years in college, so she knows how to handle a nervous Erin before a race.
She’s 90% of the reason I chose this particular marathon. I love her so much for being there for me. I’m so lucky to have her in my life.

The California International Marathon.
I registered for this marathon the day after the Denver marathon (5 weeks ago), but I didn’t say anything about it because I didn’t want to admit the real reason why I wanted to run another marathon…

I’m going for a BQ (sub 3:35:00).

Long before the Oct 9th Denver marathon and my 3:40:22 PR, I had been planning on running a follow up marathon. This is because I hadn’t been training all that much for Denver (with Spain, wedding, and honeymoon), and I knew if I could still PR at Denver, I could certainly run faster given better training and sea level on my side.

I was nervous to tell you guys my surprise marathon plans, but after Sunday’s 20 miler and my boost in confidence, I really do think I have a shot at BQing. And I’m not afraid to admit my goal anymore.

Go big or go home. Zero regrets. (remember that running mantras post?) Or in the words of my best friend, Don’t Be A Pansy.

So there ya have it. We’re all on the same page now. Wish me luck? :)

1. Meredith says:

And CIM is known to be a super fast marathon!

You are going to do AMAZING, I have no doubts about it.

Holy moly, How exciting!! You are TOTALLY going to BQ!!! I wish you the best of luck and I can’t wait to read all about CIM!!

4. Lucas says:

Ahhhhhh, no more secrets! It was getting hard to hold it in :P

5. misszippy1 says:

I was kind of wondering…so jealous you get to do CIM! That is on my list of ones to hit sooner or later. I think it will be a great PR course for you.

6. cisforcourtney says:

Yayyyyyy! Cat’s out of the bag!!! You are going to totally destroy CIM! <3 Go on && get it girl!

7. sarah says:

i hear you’ll have a pretty sweet dude running along side of you. you’ve got it!!

8. Beth says:

Yessssss!!! I thought something was up, but I didn’t expect a marathon in 18 days!!! I absolutely believe you can BQ. Good luck!

9. Mebby says:

I’m coming out, I want the world to know, gotta let it show – you’re running a marathon!!!