Meeooooowwwwww!

Yesterday was crazy busy, but totally awesome. I can’t believe Weez and I are finally living together! We have our own place to call home, come home to one another, and it’s going to be beautiful.

But just right now, it’s a little chaotic. As you can tell, we look exhausted. But couldn’t be more happy.

One: we still have to unpack like, 50% of the boxes (but, we did a great job unpacking the kitchen and living room last night!). I can’t wait to get all the boxes unpacked and start decorating… the fun part!

Two: Weez’s cat, Boo. She’s so gosh darn cute and we love her dearly. But she kept us up until 5AM (yes, 5AM) meowing like craaaaazy.

She seriously sounded like a baby crying. I’m allergic to cats, so she’s not allowed in the bedroom, but through the doors she was just whining all. night. long. Poor thing :(

Do you live with a cat? How do you manage their stress/meowing to help them calm down? We tried letting her cry it out for the first 6 hours, that didn’t help. Then we tried spritzing her every time she cried at the bedroom door, that didn’t help.  She’s either going to lose her voice, or we’re going to lose our minds… so I really hope she calms down and gets used to the new place soon. Any insight you have would be so helpful.

Fortunately this morning, Boo found herself a little nook to curl up in, and I think that’s given her some comfort… she looked so tuckered out after 12 hours of nonstop meowing. Ooof. Even though we got no sleep last night, how could I ever not love this lil’ one:

I can’t wait to share some apartment pictures with you once we get the time to set everything up!

As the moving process wrapped up last night, I couldn’t help but shed a few tears of happiness as I realized that truly was the first day of the rest of our lives together :) Our happily ever after begins now and I feel so blessed to have my best friend by my side.

1. mallory says:

Aww, I’m so happy for the two of you. That totally rocks. Not sure what to tell you about the cat. I love cats but I too am allergic to them.

2. iampotassium says:

I think that when you move a cat, you should restrain her to a specific area, like the bathroom or something. I would put some familiar things there too (like her food and water and litter box. Plus maybe some toys.). Let her get used to one part of the house first. I think it’s a little overwhelming with everything changing like that. :) Also, I think you should just ignore her when she cries (which is hard I know) just because if you keep talking to her (or spritzing her even!), she’s getting attention and she’ll keep howling.

1. iampotassium says:

I mean, I think it’s going to take time. Especially if she’s not used to being separated from Brian. She just has to learn and it’s going to be hard. Is there a place you can put here where she is a little separated from you guys (i.e. like you guys are not right outside?). Like maybe get a kiddie gate and keep her in the kitchen if you guys are in the living room or vice versa. Then maybe she won’t feel as left out if she can’t hear you as well. Or if you guys are out and about, let her be with you guys but then when it’s Erin/Brian/no Boo time, put her in a restrained area where she can’t hear you guys. I think it’s just going to be hard but you have to be tough and not give in on her. She’s like a little kid. She wants attention. Especially if she’s used to it.

Aw, poor kitty! Hope she gets used to the place soon.

Kitties don’t like change…they get used to their ways, so when they move, they tend to get a little “catty.” When I moved, I did what iampotassium suggested, and start out with one room like the bedroom or bathroon with familiar things, and then open up other rooms etc. She will settle in (and more importantly, settle down). Congrats on moving and yay for living together!!!!!!!!!!!

5. cisforcourtney says:

You can also try just introducing her to one room of the house at a time. One day the bathroom, and then let her have a little more freedom…adding on a new room every 12 hours a day. She’s probably just overwhelmed. ooouuu! drama queen kitttty! :D I have one too.

ps: I have that lotion-and it’s fantastic!

6. the dawn says:

i have NEVER had that happen before. seriously. she sounds like a needy dog. usually cats are pretty low key. i am so sorry! maybe she’ll be better now that she has a little place to snuggle in.

7. nicole says:

no kitty cat advice here! :) hang in there she will adjust! HAPPY HAPPY TIMES!! enjoy weeezzzzzzz