I’m in a magazine! (kinda)

This morning’s workout: 4 easy ones around the trails near my pad. Accompanied by Daisy the Great (roomie’s dog). I was just one of those runs where everything clicks and we were cruising right along, perfectly in sync. I hope my future dog runs as awesome as Daisy does. (LJ, if you’re reading this, I’m kidnapping your dog. You might never get her back… muaaha)

So this is totally random, but the other day, a friend told me she was browsing through a magazine and saw a picture of me in it!

She assumed I knew about it but it was a total surprise to me. She said as she was flipping through Ohio Sports and Fitness magazine, she came across an ad for the Cleveland Marathon… and low and behold, one of my race photos was on the ad! Ha!

Naturally, I had to stalk down the ad to see for myself. April/May 2011 edition, page 3, there it was!
How random! My name isn’t on the page or anything, I guess they just liked the photo (I mean, look at that fantastic form and smile) (I should go into run-modeling) (I should probably work on being less pale first though)

I wish the mag would have told me they were using the photo, I would have loved to buy a copy to keep around. Oh well!

I just thought that was kinda cool so I wanted to share it with you guys :)

1. mallory says:

That is so awesome!!!! You’re a running rockstar!!!!

And yes, the necklace is the finisher’s medal. That was like one of the biggest draws for me!!!

Woohoo that’s awesome!! Great race pic!!

3. Andrea says:

Very cool! That’s a really nice photo!

4. nicole says:

Look at you run model! SO COOL!

5. Christy says:

Uhh that’s crazy! Are they allowed to do that? Shouldn’t you get some $$$?

6. Melissa says:

Congrats! I think you should get a free race entry for a lifetime:)

7. Melissa says:

Awesome! I think you should get free race entry for a lifetime:)

8. Yes, we did like the photo! You looked like you were really enjoying the “Cleveland Experience!” If you’d like, we can ask Ohio Sports & Fitness if they have an extra copy to send you. Let us know at info@clevelandmarathon.com.

PS: when you register, everyone signs a waiver that says their photos are allowed to used for promotional items. Brightroom took the photo on behalf of the race.

1. Thank you so much! I’m honored they chose my photo for the ad, it made my day! I’d love a copy, so I’ll email you ASAP. Thanks again for stopping by!

9. Beth says:

You’re famous!

10. Just found your blog, and wanted to stop and say that this is awesome. What a fun “surprise”- seeing your face in an ad