Three Week Post-Surgery Update

Today marks the third week since surgery! Though my lower back is still bothering me (soreness, I presume), my tummy and the stitches are soooo close to feeling back to normal again. I can sit up in bed without support (major improvement), I can lean forward and twist to the sides again (accomplished for the first time today!), I’m eating like my normal self again (midday snack attacks are back), and… I’ve gone running THREE whole times!

I definitely cannot run at my normal speed and I can only go for 2 miles at a time. But each run feels better and I’ve got high hopes for the next few weeks. I plan on creepin’ up my mileage to 3-4 miles at a time next week :)

I’ve got a lot on my athletic plate this summer, including something I’ve never done before and it’s coming up in 18 days: The Bolder Boulder!

Way back in January, Weez and I registered for the Bolder Boulder together. It’s one of the largest (if not, THE largest?) 10k road race in America (/the world, even?) (I’m talkin’ tens of thousands of people run this badboy). I’ve lived in Boulder for 3 years now and this will be the first time I’ve ever run it. I’m really excited!

People go all out for this thing… I’m talking crazy costumes, beer drinking, partying, you name it. Since I won’t be able to race it (which was my original plan), I’m thinking a costume is in order. What should I wear??? A tutu? Face paint?

Maybe I could convince Weez to dress up in a themed couple’s costume. Baaaahahaha.

Right, like that’d ever happen :P

1. sarah says:

ive heard of the bolder boulder!!! haha. i love that you are going to dress up:-) i have no good ideas cause i suck at things like that….but there better be pictures! yay for feeling better!! see you in maine!

2. Beth says:

I’m so happy that you’re feeling better and talking about what running costume to wear! All signs of excellent progress!!

I think you might be able to milk the whole “surgery” thing for a couples costume. I mean, if you’re going to have surgery you should get something awesome out of it :)

3. Jessica says:

You should totally go as Kate Middleton and Prince William! Hahaha, you’ll have a blast. :D

4. Morgan says:

You should def ham it up!!! Especially since you’re not back to 100%. Ooooo you should dress up as bride & groom. He could wear one of those tuxedo shirts and you could wear a veil! Awwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better chica!!!!!

5. Paul Vallett says:

I can’t believe you’re running already. Sounds like a good recovery!

6. Mallory says:

That’s great that you’re running. So happy for you! I’ve heard of that race and it sounds totally awesome. I definitely think costumes would be good. Hmm.. gotta be something really good though… like Peggy & Al Bundy.

Yay for feeling better and getting back to running!! Good luck in the Bolder Boulder and most importantly, have fun! I think you and Weez should do something couple-y, like Lucy and Ricky or Minnie and Mickey!!! haha