Taper Mode

All this plan-making that’s been going down over the past few days is getting me pumped :) Boston is going to be one heck of an experience! I’m ready to soak. it. UP.

Last Thursday, Weez and I celebrated our anniversary, so we got dressed up, enjoyed a great dinner, and saw a movie. A perfect date night. We reminisced about the beginning of “us”, we dreamt about our future, we appreciated the moment. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t feel wordlessly thankful to have Weez in my life. He’s so good to me. He’s my perfect match; truly the ying to my yang.

On Friday, we drove up to Wyoming to kick it with my brother. Will had his geo friends over for a comfort food Friday festivity, and for one of the first times, Weez was introduced as my fiance (it’ll never get old!). And then as my brother’s future brother-in-law. It’s so cool to hear that.

The three of us went for a very windy 11 mile run – the last of my long runs – on Saturday. I seem to always forget how dang windy that place gets, and how much harder it is to run at 7,200′. I love running with those two guys. My big bro and my fiance? Could I be more lucky to train with 2 of my favorite guys?

This week is full on taper mode, so I went for a nice, light, 25 minute run this AM. I’ve almost got my marathon playlist perfect, I just need a few more new tunes (yes, I’m considering downloading Justin Bieber’s “Never Say Never”… don’t judge me). What’s a must-have on your running playlist?

Just a few more easy runs, then here comes Boston! ONE WEEK from this moment and I’ll be running the Boston marathon! Woop woop!

1. Mallory says:

AWESOME!! You must be feeling great right now. Hmm a few must haves: Lose Yourself by Eminem, Run this Town by Jay-Z, Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z, She F’in Hates Me by Puddle of Mudd, hmm… um… why am I totally blanking? If I think of some more, I’ll let you know.

2. Shanon says:

nothing wrong with a little Bieber!

3. melon says:

1. Miley Cyrus – See You Again
    2. Fort Minor – Remember the Name
    3. Young Bloodz – Imma Shine
    4. Not sure what else :)

4. Jessica says:

The new song from Glee is really good, if you’re into that. I just downloaded a bunch of good running tunes too — my first ever 5k is on Saturday. You’re an inspiration girl!! :D

5. Pamela says:

1. Living on a Prayer – Bon Jovi
    2. Raise Your Glass – Pink
    Enjoy the taper!

6. Sam F. says:

Wow. Bieber. You and my wife. I’m not gonna tell you “don’t run with an iPod” but … make sure it’s not too loud that you can’t hear the spectators. They’re a big part of what makes Boston so fun.

1. For sure… I load up the ipod for the “just in case” I need music (aka, the wall). I didn’t plug in my ipod at Cleveland till mile 18 and that was only cause there were no spectators around. Good call, Sam! :)

7. Nicole says: