List seven: Confessions

1. I’ve gone to masters swim once in the past 3 weeks.

2. After beating myself up about missing masters swim so much, I’m finally at peace about it. I shouldn’t feel guilty about not wanting to swim anymore. I’m in the peak of my marathon training; swimming is taking the back seat now.

3. I spent an hour last night stressing out about whether I want hydrangeas or calla lilies in my bridesmaids bouquets.

4. My legs are so pale from the wintery months that I’m considering using bronzer before Boston. Since when did I ever care about these things?! Who am I?! (not that there’s anything wrong with bronzer… I’ve just never considered using it personally until now)

5. If I’m not talking about Boston, I’m thinking about it. I’m crazy excited and counting down the days, hours, minutes till my trip to Boston begins :)

6. The 1 nalg a day goal is a thing of the past. I’ve gotten really bad again.

7. My room looks like World War 3. I have dirty laundry on the floor, my desk is a disaster, my bed is not made. (I’m sorry mom)

8. I bought two bags of candy last night, planning to eat one then and the other for a snack today. I ate both yesterday.

9. My knee hurts but I didn’t want to blog about it because I feel like if I put it into words, it’ll be more of a reality than it already is.

10. I’m making deals with the running gods on a daily basis “let me finish Boston and I promise to give distance running a break for a while!”.

Tell me one of your confessions!

seven down, five to go

1. Sam F. says:

Confession: I peed on my own car at the wedding of one of my best friends, right in front of all of his relatives. Things like that are why I quit drinking, of course.

2. Laura Johnson says:

I will forever love the TV sitcom FRIENDS and watch it as I’m falling asleep.

1. iampotassium says:

I love Grey’s Anatomy in a similar way…

3. iampotassium says:

My room also looks like WW3 as does my bathroom. Sad days.
    Sorry that your knee hurts. That really sucks… :(

4. Hmmm. I can’t think of a good confession. Oh, wait! I bought a box of sugar cookies from the grocery store the other day–ya know the kind with the really thick icing that are really soft and yummy? Yeah, my husband doesn’t like sugar cookies, so, I specifically bought them so I would have my own box of cookies. That was Wednesday. It’s Friday and they’re gone. No one to blame but meeeeeeeee.

5. MissZippy1 says:

Well, you’re human, after all! Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the knee…you’re so close now!

6. Beth says:

Yeah, my entire house looks like a gym bag threw up all over it. Disaster.
    I hope your knee stops acting up! 17 days!!!!!!!!

7. will says:

I hid your doll’s clothes when I was seven and you were six and swore it wasn’t me. Luckily you never told Dad cause I’m pretty sure he’d have solved that mystery pretty quick.

8. rand says:

Will, I did.
    As days close in toward Boston, you will notice and worry about everything. Relax, be confident, you’ve trained, you’re ready….enjoy the ride!!!

9. Pearl says:

My morning always starts off with A Practical Wedding, Offbeat Bride, your blog, the Pioneer Woman and then the NY Times. In that order.

I’ll see you (kicking ass on the home-stretch) in Boston in two weeks!

10. Marcia says:

No confession necessary–Boston is definitely worth some bronzer! Enjoy it!

11. Nicole says:

<3 i need a confession post <3

12. Keri says:

I am also obsessed with Boston right now! So soon!

13. Mallory says:

Everyone feels that way sometimes!! Don’t beat yourself up. My confession… I have exercised since last Wednesday night. Ugh. I just posted about it though so I’m already feeling better. Boston is so soon! As a spectator I am getting pumped so I can’t imagine how you runners are feeling!!!