February 19, 2011

Saturday (the 19th) became the best day of my entire life :)

My best friend, my running/hiking/camping buddy, my science nerd, the love of my life proposed to me! Weez got down on one knee and asked me to marry him (to which of course I screamed YES!)! I love him more than anything in the world and we couldn’t be more excited!
The way he proposed was so perfect. I had no idea it was coming. I was completely shocked :) Here’s the girly story (sorry boys :P):

We had just driven up to the mountains and we were getting ready for our 14 mile long run, on Magnolia. A challenging, hilly, high elevation trail/dirt road that has a pretty tough reputation. I was getting my water belt all set to go and was in full-on runner mental preparation mode (oblivious to the world). I asked him if he had his water belt and was ready to rock out. As I was adjusting my belt, I hear him say to me, “Before we go on this adventure… I wanted to ask you if you’d go on another one with me…” My heart jumped out of my chest as I looked over at him. He got down on one knee (on the dirt road), engagement ring box in hand. He opened the box and said “Erin, will you marry me?”

I threw my running sunglasses on the ground and jumped onto the ground and gave him a huge hug and kiss. I don’t really remember what I said or anything else he said to me after that moment, but I remember making sure to finally say Yes! Yes I’ll marry you!

Best moment of my life.

Since we were literally in the mountains, at 8100 ft elevation, we had zero cell phone reception so we couldn’t get a hold of either of our parents. It was kind of a blessing in disguise because we got to enjoy 2+ hours of running, all to ourselves, dreaming and scheming of the where-when-how, just us two. It was perfect.

We couldn’t stop smiling the entire run. I’d look over at him smiling right back at me, then down at this incredible ring, then back at him… it feels like a dream. I’m on cloud 9.

Magnolia is an out and back that runs into the Peak to Peak Highway. So at mile 7 we stopped to ask two hikers to take our picture.
14 miles never felt so good! Musta been all those endorphins :) I averaged 2 sub-8 miles at the end ’cause I was so darn excited to get back to Boulder to call my family.

I’ve loved every minute of the past 2 years of my life with you, B. I’m so lucky to be your girl.

March 2009
Backpack camping at the Great Sand Dunes; Summer 2009
Yellowstone; Summer 2009
Teaching Weez to Ski; Winter 2009
Torreys Peak (14,267ft); Summer 2010
Vegas; Summer 2010
NYC; Fall 2010
Turkey Trot; 2010
Bear Peak (8461 ft); Winter 2010

I can’t wait to spend forever and always with you, B… love you to the moon.

This past weekend was a crazy beautiful whirlwind of telling family and friends. I feel so loved and everyone is so excited for the big day. (We’re getting married this September!) My brother drove down from WY to celebrate with us and the past 3 days have been the best 3 days of my life. Yay!

We’re getting married! :)

1. YAYAYAY!!! That’s so exciting, Erin. I’m so happy for you. What a wonderful way that he proposed too. Y’all are made for each other!

xoxox

2. Mallory says:

CONGRATS!!! OMG so exciting!!!! Eeee! I got so excited reading your story. Sounds like he had such a good plan too! Congrats, Erin! So happy for you both!!!!

3. Beth says:

Omg, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a perfect proposal! And I love all the pics of you guys together.

4. Sam F. says:

I love that he asked you to go on another adventure with him, because that’s exactly what it is. I always tell Tiff that this roller coaster is crazy, but I’m glad she’s sitting next to me. So, so happy for you! If you could see me right now, you’d see a :)!

5. sarah says:

YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! ERIN IM SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!!! ok, you get the point? Im excited!!! what an awesome adventure it will be:-) in my next life i want to be a wedding planner so i cant wait to hear all about it!!!!

6. Maggie Reep says:

CONGRATULATIONS ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahh how romantic!!! I’m so happy for you two and I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness! Enjoy the entire wedding planning process, and look forward to your beautiful life together!! Congratulations :) You’re engaged!!!!!!!!!

7. Andrea says:

Yay!!! :) Congratulations! We’re very happy for you both!

8. ShabbyPrincess sent me over – congratulations! What a wonderful propsal and way to spend 14 miles :)

Also what tha hack took you to Cleveland for the Marathon? I’ve run it twice but just moved from there to Cali so I won’t be running it again. Sad face.

9. Renee Barron says:

Erin – What a beautiful story! Very romantic…and EXCITING! I’ll bet any marathon anywhere at anytime and you would be 1st!

10. Jenna says:

Congrats Erin! I’m so happy for you two.

11. Aunt Jill says:

Ah, I read all about the special moment on here! Congratulations Erinand Brian! Perfect setting and proposal! Kudos Brian!

12. nicole says:

OMG OMG OMG!!!! Deets please! I am so happy for you erin!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh! Wedding planning is the best! Email me a ring shot!!! Ahhhhhhhh Congrats!!!!!

13. Kaci says:

Awhh congrats!! Coming over from Allie’s blog!

14. Morgan says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats girl! That is so awesome and the way he did it *swoon* *sigh* So happy for your both!!!

15. melon says:

How did my mom find your blog? Awesome.

PS you’re going to be a beautiful bride :)

16. Kristen says:

Congratulations!! That is a perfect story! You have some really great pics in this post too :)

17. the dawn says:

aHHHHHHHHAAAAAAH!

this is what happens when i’m MIA. congratulations! i am so SUPER excited for you!!!! what a fabulous way to propose. seriously, he knocked it out of the park :)

so happy for you!