3 x 1.5 tempo

This was me this morning, walking from the rec center back to my chemistry lab…
The reason being? According to weather.com it’s -8 but feels like -19 degrees out right now. Buried under that puffy black coat, I’m wearing an absurd amount of clothing. And the hat? My bff Melon gave me that bad boy and it’s the warmest, most wind proof hat you could own. I love it. I also love it because it’s from North Central‘s XC team. They’re one of the best D3 XC teams in the nation, with 13 NCAA titles. And my bff’s fiance ran for them. NBD (no big deal).

Running outside was not really an option, so I decided to run around the rec center’s indoor track. Tuesdays are my tempo days, so I did 3 x 1.5 miles (at 7:00 – 7:25 pace) with a half mile warm up/cool down. I felt pretty solid and I liked being able to countdown my laps. As much as I’d rather be running outside, it wasn’t so shabby.

Every run feels stronger and the knee injury that I had seems like a distance nightmare. I can’t believe Boston is 76 days away. Man, how time flies! I’m so excited to see my friends who live out there and hopefully meet up with some blogger buddies.

Stay warm out there, folks! I hear it’s not just CO that’s gettin’ hit pretty hard. How’s the weather in your town? What’s the coldest/craziest weather you’ve ever run in?

1. David says:

It’s been snowing for about four hours in Kansas City, with another 17 hours of snow on the way. Unfortunately, it’s much too treacherous to be doing anything outside here!

2. Jodi Higgins says:

Great job today! It looks cold there! We had a snow day today because we got hit with a bad storm last night. I too ran on an indoor track today! The coldest weather I have run in so far is 12 degrees (feels like -3) and that was just a few Sunday’s ago!

You have the cutest crooked smile in this shot.

And I know now that negative temperature is “too cold for health nuts to do their thing,” thank you.

4. Kirstie says:

The coldest it has been here in Northeast Ohio so far is -7 before windchill. We have experienced round one of the Snowmeggaddon 2011. My group has a run planned tonight but if the ice falls as expected, I may just hit the treadmill.

5. Mallory says:

this weather is crazy!!! I’ve run in about 15* before and that was cold enough for me!!!

6. nicole says:

This happenes to be the craziest weather i’ve ever been in!!!! NUTS!

7. the dawn says:

seriously. i can’t believe how cold it is there! it never gets that cold…man oh man.

good work on the run. it’s so exciting that your knee is doing so awesome! yay for being 10 weeks out from boston!!!! can you believe it? 2.5 months. and we’ll be there. oh, and it won’t be winter anymore, so there’s that !!!