Don’t judge, but, I’ve cracked.

It’s true. I started listening to Christmas music already.

What?! I couldn’t help it! I was pretty stressed yesterday afternoon when I found out my newly purchased Xterra Wetsuit was MIA thanks to FedEx (luckily, I’ve since tracked it down… phew!), so I needed some O Holy Night and Carol of the Bells to bring me some cheer. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it’s not even Thanksgiving yet. I love me some Christmas music.

So as I’m jamming out to Jingle Bell Rock right now, let’s talk about Thanksgiving: I signed up for a Turkey Day 5k! Even though I’ve only been running 18 minutes every other day this week (still pain-free, woot!), next week I’m allowed to hit 22 minutes. Not that I’m planning on busting out a 22 min 5k, but maybe I’ll just run the first 22 minutes then walk the remaining bit of the 5k. Or, if my phys. therapist lets me, I’ll run the whole thing :) I’m pretty stoked.

4 weeks ago, I wasn’t allowed to run. Next week, I’ll be completing a 5k. In 21 weeks, I’ll be running a marathon in Boston.

Baby steps. Baby steps.

1. Shutupandrun says:

Yay for a 5K! Something to look forward to. And you could probably do it in 22 mins.

2. Mallory says:

Don’t worry, I’ve been listening to Christmas music, too!!

3. Jodi Higgins says:

It’s okay to listen to Christmas music if it makes you happy. Great job on the running front! Don’t forget to stop by my blog and see your spotlight!!

4. Paul Vallett says:

Totally judged! We have a strict “Not before December 1st” rule regarding Xmas music at Benthaven.

Glad you’re out running again!

5. rand says:

Your fathers daughter. BTW–I’m bringing my bike to Boulder for Thanksgiving- make the weather cooperate.

6. Sam F. says:

FINALLY a new swimsuit.

7. the dawn says:

i’m totally with you. i haven’t played it on my ipod yet, but i do have a christmas radio station on my presets now :)

yay for the turkey trot! i’m doing my first 5k in like 5 years on thanksgiving. not sure what to expect after all this slow marathon training. not sure i (or my lungs) remember how to go fast.

saw your interview on jodi’s blog! love it.

8. MissZippy1 says:

As long as it’s progress, that’s all that matters, right?

9. iampotassium says:

Carol of the bells is one of my favorites. Also Coventry Carol… so beautiful… Love it. :) Yay for the Thanksgiving 5K! I am glad that you will definitely get to run at least part of it! :D

10. Ally says:

You know I’m rocking out to Christmas music right now. Awesome blossom, extra awesome.

11. Teamarcia says:

EEK! 21 weeks will be here before you know it. You’ll be fine at the 5k. Enjoy it.

12. Kelli Clark says:

Hi my name is Kelli and I am a representative here at XTERRA wetsuits. I hope you have received your wetsuit by now and you are happy with the fit and feel! We appreciate you mentioning us in your post and would like to offer you a free mesh bag. Please send me an email to kelli@xterrawetsuits.com and I will ship one out to you! If you need any further assistance with your order feel free to contact me about that as well! I look forward to your email!
    Kelli