Boston Bound!

Last week, I was fortunate enough to be part of the craze that was signing up for the Boston Marathon. And by craze,  I literally mean the entire 20,000 runners cap was filled in less than 8 hours. Insanity. Years prior, it’s taken months for this marathon to fill.

But it’s official! My qualifying time was verified and my name is now on the formal 2011 Boston Marathon Entry List!

Now, I just need a healthy knee first and then I can start my training.

And guess what Thursday (as in, TOMORROW) marks?? Exactly 6 weeks since my sports med doc told me “No running for 6 full weeks”. I’ve been going to PT twice a week for the past 6 weeks and my physical therapist gave me the thumbs up and a “return to running” program that starts with 1/4 mile walk, 1/4 jog up to a max of 2 miles total. It’ll be a slow, but hopefully pain-free process!

Fingers crossed!

1. Tara says:

Yay! Congrats on Boston AND being able to run again! That’s so awesome, I’ll be crossing my fingers for you tomorrow.

My ITB just seems to be getting worse. I’ve been working with a PT and he has had me do a little running, but it just doesn’t feel right. Ugh. Maybe I should just NOT run.

I’ve been following all of your swimming exhibitions (since I’ve been swimming a lot too), I wish I had a lifeguard to help me correct all of my issues! Maybe I should take some lessons. Hmm…

2. Ally says:

YAYAY!!! I’ll see you in Boston, girl!

3. iampotassium says:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So excited for the Boston marathon and so happy that you get to run again! Happy training!

4. MissZippy1 says:

Hey–That’s great. If you want to be part of our blogger meet-up, just shoot me an email and I’ll add you to my sidebar!

5. danielle says:

awesome!! ill be there that weekend for the 5k and ill be volunteering on saturday. ill cheer you on for sure!

6. Keri says:

Congrats on Boston! I found you on MissZippy’s list. I will see you there :) Sorry about the knee, I am having knee problems too. I can’t wait to hear how the 6 weeks off went for you!