The internet is pretty rad and I feel fortunate to have my little space to write freely about running, photography, life goals, etc. to whoever wants to read about it. I’ve been blogging for almost a year now and I’ve gotten to know some really great folks through the process. Reading their blogs has now become a part of my morning, something I really enjoy doing.
One of my bl’ends (blogger friends), Sarah, passed on an award to Just Run With It called the Versatile Blogger. Thanks Sarah! I’m flattered by your recognition :)
To honor the gig, I’m asked to write 7 things about myself then pass the award on to a few blog favs of mine.
Well, here goes!
1. If I didn’t live with my current roomie, I probably wouldn’t have run my first marathon. She inspires me through her active lifestyle to maintain one of my own. I’m not sure I’ve ever told her that… so, thanks LJ.
2. I genuinely love being in chemistry grad school and wouldn’t changed this experience for the world. Oddly, a year ago, I felt the exact opposite.
3. Since being injured, one of the things I miss most about distance running is the chocolate Gu. Seriously, that stuff is like brownie batter and I loved having the excuse to chow down on those while I ran.
4. One of my favorite hobbies is scrap-booking. I could very easily spend my life savings in Michaels. If there was a fire and I could only grab a handful of items from my room, the scrapbooks would come first.
5. I talk to my parents every single day. A morning doesn’t feel complete without a quick call to my mom while I wait at the bus stop. The same goes for keeping in touch with my best friends.
6. I’ve gone SCUBA diving off the coasts of Singapore, Puerto Rico, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and in the Great Barrier Reef. Those family trips were incredible and will always remain some of the best days of my life.
7. I really love teaching and mentoring. I TA’ed one class as an undergrad, 2 classes as a grad student, and I have the privilege of mentoring an undergrad researcher in my lab right now. Working with fellow students keeps my scientific mind fresh and I love it.
Thanks for the award again, Sarah! Now, I want to pass it on to 3 different but equally entertaining blogger favs of mine…
Have a great Thursday, peeps!