My hair is getting ridiculously long

And you know #18? I’ve been thinking about it a LOT lately and I think it’s time. It’s been nice having long hair for a while now but it’s getting in the way. It gets caught in stuff and it’s not nearly as much fun as I thought it’d be. I work in an organic chemistry lab and long hair, frankly, is a safely hazard. I can’t have it dangling all up in my science everyday, so it ends up in a ponytail. Besides the obvious safety reasons, it’s hot outside, I’ve got more than 10″ to donate, and I’ve always wanted (but never had the guts) to try short hair!

So, ladies, I need your opinion. I know that I don’t want a plain straight-cut bob. I’ve been searching the ‘nets for a while, looking for a cute style but I can’t make up my mind… (Note: please ignore how attractive these chicas are and focus on the hair cuts)

So what do you think? Part of me really wants to just go for Option #5, but I also really like #1. Then again, I also really like #4. Part of me wants to just go for the wildest option, but then again, should I go that drastic right off the bat? Hmm. You see, I am quite conflicted… so help me out!

What would you do, if you were me??

1. Anna says:

#2 all day.

2. Sarah says:

I agree. #2

3. melon says:

Number 2, but not just because I liked watching the Hills on hangover Sundays. Keep in mind that while you don’t want a flat bob, you’re gonna need to work that styling cream to get the ‘piecey’ effect in #2. But I really like 2, runner up 3. Maybe a combo?

Hahaha, ‘cant have my hair all up in my science’. Love it.

4. Tara says:

You’re going to cut your beautiful hair? Awww, well, if you must, then I would choose #2. It’s really piecey and cute. I see the others chose that one as well! I also like #4. I have mine cut similar to this one, but not as short and not as stacked in the back. Can’t wait to see you with your new hair!

5. Yeah…I vote for 2.

I had mega long hair forever and finally cut it to my shoulder a few months ago and LOVE it.

-Andrea

6. Ally says:

I’d vote for #2 or #3–3 would be easier to style I think–more of a wash and go type situation, the choppier layers in #2 need more “work” to really look defined.

You are beautiful and your hair will look great no matter what you do!

7. mom says:

#3 but slightly longer

8. Pearl says:

Don’t forget the zero humidity flat hair conditions of Colorado and the ability to pull your hair back :)

9. Hickstein says: