Up and at it again this morning! Though peeling myself out of bed was harder this morning than yesterday, today’s workout was fabulous. I worked my butt off and I’m pretty cashed. Things I’ve noticed:
- I love the gym in the early AM. No meatheads, it’s not crowded, the place doesn’t smell funny, and it’s pleasantly quiet.
- Designated workout programs on the elliptical will kick your butt. In a good way.
- My ITB doesn’t hurt when I’m on the elliptical nor when I’m lifting (WIN!)
- The pool looks refreshingly desirable when I’m sweating up a storm (the elliptical machines overlook the pool)
- My lower body to upper body strength ratio is probably a gazzillion to one
- I love using the ab machine (mmm hurts so good)
- I get ready for work in the locker room twice as fast as I do when I’m at home
Yesterday’s lower body lifting sesh has left me quite sore today (mmm) and I already know the pain my upper body will be feeling tomorrow. Bring it.
In other veryvery exciting news, I’ve been doing a little research and shopping around. For what you say? Oh, the most exciting new addition to my athletic life: a road bike! I haven’t taken the plunge on anything yet, but I’ve got my feelers out. There’s a lot more to learn! With my ITB giving me problems, having a road bike to do some distance cross training on would really rock. And I’ve always been interested in the challenge of doing a triathlon, so perhaps maybe someday – with the addition of a new road bike – I could get into those.
We’ll see :)