I’m flying out to Washington (state) today to meet up with 7 friends in Bellingham to compete in Ski to Sea! The whole idea of this relay race is wicked cool and I’m excited to be a part of it again. One of our friends dad is graciously letting us all crash at his house for the weekend. On Saturday, we’re probably going to go up to Mt. Baker to do a mini practice run-through and check out the mountain. The big race is on Sunday! I’m sorry it’s so tiny, but here’s a course map of the 90-mile race:
Our Flight of the Photons line up is as follows:
- XC Ski (4 mile loop): LJ
- Downhill Skiing (2.5 mile loop): Kelsi
- Running (8 miles, 2,200 ft drop): Thayne (this was my leg last year – I ran the 8 miles in 50 minutes. I’m tellin’ you, the elevation drop is INSANE)
- Bicycling (38.5 miles): Chase
- Canoeing (18 miles): Erin F. (dats me :)) and Ely
- Mountain Biking (14 miles): Rachel
- Kayaking (5 miles): Erin G.
The weather this weekend – and Sunday especially – is suppose to be cold and rainy, so I’m not going to bring my Canon XSi. But we all know I’m a real big dork camera junky, so guess what I just went out and bought? A supercool “QuickSnap” Water Proof camera! Haha… I can’t even remember the last time I used an old school one-time-use camera. I’m pumped. These pictures will probably be ghetto and crappy quality, but it’ll be fun to bring along while I’m canoeing down Bellingham’s Nooksack river.
When I get back, you can certainly expect a race report/weekend recap, so check back on Tuesday or Wednesday! Till then, I hope you have a great Memorial Day Weekend!
See ya on the flip side!