I did my Wednesday mini track workout yesterday (15 min warm up, 4 800s at 3:40, 15 min cool down) and I realized something at the end of the run.
I didn’t think about my knee once.
For that matter, I haven’t even thought about my knee once for the past two days. And that’s big news for me. Everyday since September 2009 (up until this week) my knee bothered me. While running, after running, throughout the day, in the middle of the night, when I’d wake up. Because running is such a big part of my life, constant knee pain dominated my mentality. If I can’t run, I lose part of who I am. Running makes me happy is ways I can’t explain. I couldn’t bare with losing it, but the knee pain was a constant reminder that it was slipping away from me.
I am so grateful that my knee hasn’t been bothering me these past few days. So very grateful. In spirit of this gratitude, I wanted to share a few others things I am so thankful for…
- My family, friends, and boyfriend who love and support me unconditionally.
- My freedom of speech to have this blog and write to whomever about whatever I’d like.
- The security I have from the weak but steady paycheck I receive every month and the safe town I live in.
- My health
- My challenging career
- Being able to run, bike, swim, ski, hike, camp whenever I want (CO is the bomb)
- My warm, cozy bed
- The chocolate macadamia nut coffee my roomie brought back from Hawaii for me
- Having friends that own dogs that I can cuddle
- and the Internet, which continues to connect me to friends from around the US and world
Thanks for reading and Happy Thursday :)