Items in bold = accomplished!
Click on the link next to some of the Goals for reviews/recaps/stories
So I’ve been tossing around the idea of starting a blog for quite some time now. I’ve always loved keeping a diary – it’s my place where I can retreat and let my mind wander. I wanted a place where my friends/family could check up on me, so today marks Day 1 of this whole blogging experience.
Well, I’ve got this list. “24 before 24”. It’s a list of 24 things I’d like to accomplish before turning 24. Aside from having it scribbled on a post-it note stuck on my wall, I wanted a more permanent place for it. I wanted to make it concrete by writing it down and sharing it friends. Join me as I work my way through the rest of the 23 things I’d like to do before August of 2010 (I can check off the first goal!). Woah, 2010. That seems crazy. Remember when we all thought there’d be flying cars by 2000?
- Start a blog Nov. 15, 2009
- Wreck a journal
- Learn how to ski moguls properly
- Run another marathon May 16, 2010 (BQ!!!)
- Run the Neder-Nederland
- Do 50 real pushups in a row (Weez was my witness)
- Get my abs back
- Hike another 14-er July 10, 2010
- Be able to swim for 1 hour straight
- Learn how to French braid my own hair
- Learn one song on the guitar Wagon Wheel
- Donate clothing to Good Will August 8, 2010
- Develop my photography skills It’s a gradual process
- Mail a secret to PostSecret
- Pass my oral comprehensive exam (grad school thing) Apr. 15, 2010
- Pass 4 cumulative exams (grad school thing) Apr. 6, 2010
- See a musical (I saw Penn and Teller, a magic show, instead)
- Donate to Locks of Love August 9, 2010
- Donate to/Run a marathon for Operation Jack Yes! And thanks to everyone who donated, too!
- Go to 5 new restaurants in town Rincon del Sol, VG Burgers, Pita Pit, The Rib House, Leaf
- Go on a $5 date March 25, 2010
- Go to a drive-in movie April 9, 2010
- Mail at least 3 care packages (Iraq, Chicago, San Francisco)
- Mail a hand-written love letter Dec. 5, 2009
I like this list because it kind of shows you a little bit about me. In the mean time, I’ll blog about my adventures recovering from my first marathon, training for my next, surviving graduate school, and living my life. If there’s one thing I’ve learned through running and graduate school this year, it’s that life throws you all sorts of curve balls. So I think I’ll Just Run With It.